Friday, February 2, 2018
Biography Wax Museum
For school, the fourth grade always does a biography wax museum. The kids learn about a significant person in history and then dress up as that person, memorize a spiel about the person, and act like a wax figure who, when touched, will turn on and give the spiel. Eliza chose Bethany Hamilton as her wax museum person. She had to get special permission because Bethany is not a significant person in history as far as historical influence goes, but she was a 14-year-old surfer who had her arm bitten off by a shark, lived and continues to live life to the fullest despite her hardship. There is a movie about Bethany Hamilton and how she even relearned to surf and takes part in professional surfing competitions. Eliza loves this movie and is inspired by Bethany Hamilton, so she was able to get her biography approved.
When Caleb and Travis did this, I didn't know parents were allowed to come to the wax museum, so I didn't go to theirs. This year I learned parents could come. I will make sure to be at the other kids' wax museums. Westley did it too, in Utah, in third grade.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment