Wednesday, May 13, 2020

End of Preschool

For the first week that school was canceled due to covid-19, I still held my preschool that week. But the next week we were issued the shelter-in-place and even though I probably still could have gotten away with holding it because of such small numbers, it was too much to try and do preschool and have all my kids home doing online school. Plus, I didn't know if the parents of my preschoolers would have supported that. So I stopped doing it and for the next two weeks (last two weeks of March), I sent them online work to do, just all the reading and projects with some fun websites for the games and activities. But I don't think any of them did anything at all, and after talking to one of the parents, decided when online school was extended through the end of the year, to just be done with preschool. But since I had three kids who were "graduating" from preschool, I decided to hand deliver diplomas and a graduation cap that I would have given them at a preschool graduation. I also took them the last of the Scholastic magazines that I had ordered for the year and anything that belonged to them. Usually I give a gift, but it just wasn't happening. I was glad to see them all one last time though!




No comments: