Jonah's teachers, one for reading/social studies (Mrs. Winans) and one for math/science (Mrs. Lopez), came to say goodbye to him after school got out. We were glad that he got to see them one more time in person. With the reopening of our state this week, they were more comfortable coming in person for a porch visit.
Our pool isn't opening this summer, at least not soon, if not at all, due to covid-19, but Paige and Austin moved into Aaron and Kaori's new house, which has a pool, so we were able to do our kickoff to summer swimming at their house. The water was too cold though! We'll probably swim there a few more times, but we'll eventually go to Arizona for a few weeks as well. Summer just isn't summer without swimming!
And gyms are now reopening. The gymnastics called us and asked if we were willing and able to put Jonah and Annmarie back in. I'm guessing a lot of people won't put their kids back in because they are afraid of getting sick, but I'm not worried and the gym is taking precautions. At first I said no because I thought we'd be leaving for Arizona right away and spending a lot of time there, but then I decided that we wanted to stick around until after Maggie's birthday on June 10th (Maggie and Kaori came to Texas after going back to Japan after being here a week from covid-19 because Maggie needs a back surgery that they won't do in Japan because of covid-19). So why not put them in for a month. So Annmarie showed me her sticker that she earned and they are covid-19 stickers. *eye roll*









No comments:
Post a Comment