Opening Day for Desert View Little League was on Saturday, March 14th. There was a parade, a basket auction, which I had to make a basket for (mine was pretty pathetic looking compared to the others and I actually thought before hand that I had done a pretty good job), team pictures, and then games for only some of the teams. Westley's team had their first game, playing the Yankees. I have no idea who won. Westley thinks his team did, but it didn't really seem like they kept score. I only know that Westley made it home three times. The only outs were if the runner got tagged or didn't make it to the base. All the kids got to bat each inning. It was fun, and Westley seemed to enjoy himself. He sure liked the game better than his practices. It may have partly been because Daddy was there, cheering him on.
It was a busy morning, and a long morning in the sun. I'm glad that after this, all we have to worry about is one game each Saturday and a few on weeknights, and we'll only be out there for about an hour, instead of from 8 am until 1:30 pm. That was a long time to be in the sun for all of us! Only me and Corey got sunburned, and Eliza a little on her face because she wouldn't let me put sunscreen on her face (I did the best I could despite her squirming and screaming).
4 comments:
He looks adorable!! What a cutie. I am glad it went well despite the stress involved for you!!
I can't believe that he is old enough to be in Little League playing Tball! Just looking at the pictures again, it's amazing to me how fast they do grow.
Oh Jenna! I thought my basket looked lame, too after I saw everything else they had. My poor kids were hammered after being outside all day.
My kids were totally beat too, but only Corey and me got sunburned (we didn't think to put on the sunscreen we were slathering the kids with!).
Post a Comment