We had a lovely Christmas. It was just us here in Utah. On Christmas Eve, Corey came home from work, we had a light dinner of ham and scalloped potatoes. We baked chocolate chip cookies for Santa. We did a little Christmas Eve program where the kids acted out the nativity and we sang some Christmas carols--Away in a Manger, Silent Night, and Oh Come All Ye Faithful. We opened presents--ornaments--our traditional Christmas Eve gift. Then we had hot chocolate/egg nog. Then the kids went off to bed and Corey and I finished all the wrapping and setting out of presents.
On Christmas morning, the kids got up and we all got ready for the day. Then we did stockings and the kids found little boxes of cereal in them which they had for breakfast. Then we unwrapped presents. Corey fixed a big breakfast of French toast later in the morning, which was really close enough to lunch time for the kids that it acted as lunch. The younger ones took naps while the older ones watched new movies. Aunt Jamie came over and in the late afternoon, we had a bigger meal of baked chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, and rolls.
A few pictures:
The American Fork Store Opens
Corey's store, the American Fork In-N-Out where he works as a second manager, opened on December 17th. We went to the pre-opening party, which is a private party for associates and their families, and enjoyed some free burgers, fries, and shakes for dinner. His store is quite busy, as are all the Utah stores, and we are happy about that.
Corey's store, the American Fork In-N-Out where he works as a second manager, opened on December 17th. We went to the pre-opening party, which is a private party for associates and their families, and enjoyed some free burgers, fries, and shakes for dinner. His store is quite busy, as are all the Utah stores, and we are happy about that.
Being Crafty
I am not the craftiest person. Well, I do like to do crafts, and when I do them, I'm usually pretty good at it, but I just don't thrive on being crafty. I also don't usually come up with my own ideas, I just copy other people's. I was pretty proud of myself when I bought this plain wreath, some bows and other trinkets to put on it and put it together myself.
Travis' Injury
On December 22nd, just as we were about to walk out of the house to drop Westley off at his bus stop and then drive around some goodies to a few people, Travis fell down and hit his head, which warranted a trip to the ER for stitches. The cut was clear to the bone, and I freaked out a little and called 911. Partly because it was so scary-looking but also because if it was more serious, I had all the other kids with me and I needed time to get Corey home or Jamie here to help out. The call and the paramedics coming bought enough time that Corey was able to take Travis and then I met him there after dropping Westley off at school (late) and Jamie stayed with the other two. He got six stitches.
Westley's Teeth
Westley lost both his two front teeth about a week before Christmas, so he really could ask for them for Christmas. Pretty cool.
Bowling
On December 8th, Corey's sister Jamie took us bowling as a family, and it was a blast. We only played one game and we didn't even have Travis or Eliza get shoes and get a game, we just let them take some of our turns in their socks. The kids loved it, Travis was especially excited about it. Caleb won the game out of the kids, getting over 90! It was a lot of fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment