There is lots to blog about and lately I'm just not in the mood for blogging. But, I will share what we've been up to recently.
Eliza turned 2 on December 6th, which I will devote a post to later, but right now let's just say that she had a nice birthday. Best part? That Grandpa and Grandma just happened to be up from Arizona for it. That wasn't the plan and the real reason they were up isn't happy (a death in the family), but it was sure nice to see them.
Today is Corey's birthday, and I will also devote a post to that later as well. Corey has been off the past four days and that has been nice. On Saturday, I took Westley to some gifted program testing with the school district. He had one test from 9 to 11:30 am and then another test from 1 to 3 pm. Parents were required to stay and wait, so I waited all day while I read a book. On Sunday, my parents came over and went to church with us and then we celebrated Eliza's birthday.
On Monday, I went to my uncle's funeral with my parents. It was my dad's older brother who passed away. The funeral was in Mt. Pleasant, Utah, where my dad grew up, and the drive from Riverton is about 1-1/2 - 2 hours in good weather. But the weather was horrible--it snowed ALL day, and the roads were practically impassible. Not sure how we made it there and back, but we did (thank goodness my dad was driving, I wouldn't have made it if I'd had to drive!). The funeral was nice and it was good to see family on my dad's side that I never see (and some of whom I haven't really ever known).
Yesterday we spent the day getting a few things done and later in the day, Corey's sister Jamie came for dinner and then took us bowling. Caleb did really well, scoring a 90! Westley had been bowling once before, and he enjoyed it, but we need to teach that kid some technique! He would run down to the lane and then just kind of chuck the ball with all his might, which would cause him to fall over. We tried showing him how to hold it and roll it down, but he just wouldn't do it. Caleb, on the other hand, tried really hard to do it right. Travis and Eliza took turns with each of the grown-ups. Everybody had fun and the kids were really excited about it the whole time we were there.
It has been snowing like crazy here since Saturday. We have about 5-6 inches on the ground and the temperatures are only in the teens. I have no desire, nor intention, to leave the house unless absolutely necessary!
No comments:
Post a Comment