I am feeling completely pooped, and I mean literally. We came home from my cousin's house today to find that our lovely dog had a very runny bowel movement all over the kitchen while we were gone. Corey quickly cleaned it up (thanks, Corey, you're awesome!) while I kept the kids away and acted as his assistant, handing him paper towels, moving chairs, and whatever else he needed. It was great of him to help with since he had to get ready for work. He gave up a shower in order to do it, but I'm grateful he did because he has a stronger stomach. I had to fight the urge to puke several times and I wasn't even the one cleaning it up!
Well, that was fun and dandy, but after he finished that and was upstairs getting ready, our little Eliza started to scream because she was constipated, so I had to hurry her out of her diaper and sit her on the toilet. After that, things were calm for a bit. Corey left for work and we all went on our merry little way.
When I was on the computer checking Facebook, I saw Caleb dancing and acting weird at the top of the stairs. I asked him what was wrong, and he said nothing, but with a tone of voice that suggested something was wrong. He was standing with his hand behind him, so I asked if he'd pooped in his underwear again (he did last Monday because he didn't want to stop playing computer and was thus grounded from the computer for a week). He wouldn't answer me. I knew he had--he didn't want to tell me and invoke my wrath nor did he want to lie, so he remained silent.
So, I had him get undressed, threw the offending underwear away in the outside trash (a consequence of pooping in the underwear after full potty training is to lose that pair of underwear), and he went on the toilet to finish the job. He must have sat there for 45 minutes while I picked up his Legos, which he is now grounded from until Monday. When he was done, he left a clogged toilet, a new roll of toilet paper that was sopping wet having been dropped into the toilet, and a very dirty toilet seat. When I shooed him out of the way to clean up that mess, he accidentally sat on the floor in the hall, still not clean, and smeared the carpet. So then I clean up that mess, and tell him to get in the tub to wash off his mess. He did, but left a huge mess of it in the tub. He had let the water run and stopped the drain, though, so it was just all floating around in the tub with him. I had to empty and clean the tub, then make him clean himself with the water running and NOT filling up. When I finally had him situated in the tub and the floor and bathroom cleaned, I went to get his towel and clothes and found that Eliza and Travis had gotten into his Legos and thrown them all over the toy room. About 1,000 Lego pieces all over the whole room.
Now he is out of the bath, the kitchen floor is all clean (after the THIRD mopping for the smell), Eliza is happy and the Legos are finally picked up.
I am all. pooped. out...
2 comments:
Ew. EW! Motherhood is disgusting, I tell ya.
oh, wow!! i can so relate!!!
Post a Comment