Thursday, December 27, 2018

Eliza Turned ELEVEN!

I realize that I never posted about Eliza's birthday. That's because on that day, I had made a Harry Potter sorting hat cake, like I had for Travis the year before, and while I was getting the rest of the dinner ready and taking care of things, our dog Willy jumped up on the counter and ate half the cake! We ended up getting her an ice cream cake from the store and I didn't take any pictures of that day. I had always told Eliza that she had to wait until she was twelve to get her ears pierced. Well, then the Church went and changed the age for kids entering Young Men's and Young Women's ten days after Eliza turned eleven, thrusting her into Young Women's a FULL YEAR early (due to her late birthday). Since getting ears pierced was sort of a coming of age thing and so is going into Young Women's, we decided to go ahead and do it this year. So for Christmas, Eliza got a pair of beautiful gold earrings, which she can't wear until after the six week stud period is over. But I took her to Claire's and had it done there. She did well with it and she is very excited to have pierced ears and be so grown up.

Before
After

No comments: