Monday, June 12, 2017
Formal Wear Sewing Project
I got to try my hand at making formal wear. I've made a lot of dresses, and some even fancy (like my niece's baby blessing dress) but this was the first time really making a fancy formal dress. We signed Eliza up for a pageant with National American Miss. They focus on girls being confident and no makeup is allowed and it's all about how they present themselves, so we thought it could be a good experience. Well, there is a formal wear category. I managed to find some fancy fabric and I already had the pattern, so I went ahead and made the dress. It was much harder than I thought and there were some parts that I had to unpick multiple times, but I think it turned out rather well! I'm excited to see her in it on stage.
Labels:
Eliza
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment