Friday, June 9, 2017
Summer Means Cooking
I started this last summer and it worked out so well that I think we will just continue doing it every summer. The kids each have a day assigned on a rotating basis and they have to plan all the meals and then cook them. Well, last summer we included lunch, but this summer we changed it to not include lunch. It was too hard and more expensive to plan lunches, so the kids are on their own for lunch and I will always have different things stocked that they can have. But here are three kids making some of their meals. Jonah was slicing some strawberries and bananas for a fruit salad; Travis was pounding out some chicken to flatten it to make some Italian chicken; and Eliza was making snowman pancakes (pancakes in the shape of snowmen with chocolate chip features and a light dusting of powdered sugar when they are served).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment