Monday, June 26, 2017
Summer Trip, Part One, Day Two Mount Rushmore
After leaving church in Alliance, NE, we drove on to Mount Rushmore in South Dakota. It was such a pleasant drive the first couple of days, driving through America's heartland. I loved the scenery and seeing all the small towns. Mount Rushmore was incredible and we took pictures of each of the kids by their states on the pillars leading up to the trailhead and lookout point. We did stop in the gift shop and buy a book about Mt. Rushmore and a magnet for our fridge. Since San Antonio in March, we decided that any National or State landmarks that we see, we will get a book and magnet. So far, that's two. We then drove on and stayed the night in Gillette, Wyoming, which is where I discovered the missing life jackets. We passed Devil's Tower on our way into Wyoming and I wish we could have stopped, but we really needed to get to our destination.
Labels:
family fun,
road trip,
vacation
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment